Friday, February 11, 2011

Style Inspiration: Fred Rogers



People either love Mister Rogers or they think he's creepy as hell. Personally, I think he's fabulous. Plus he kind of looks like a Caucasian version of my grandpa.

Even though his ensembles were the same in every episode -- cardigan, button up shirt, tie, slacks, and tennis shoes (or loafers), he always looked so well put together.



I'm certain that my love of cardigans was inspired by Mister Rogers himself. I wear one almost everyday. Not with a collared shirt and tie (I did rock that look last year, pictured above), but with t-shirts, blouses, dresses, and so on and so forth.

One of my life long goals is to own more cardigans than he did. Yes, I'm being completely serious. I joke about a lot of things, but cardigans are not one them.

I don't know how many cardigans Mister Rogers might have owned, but I know I own at least 20. One of my friends said that I may have already surpassed him.

Whether I have or not, I'm going to keep buying cardigans anyway!

No comments:

Post a Comment