Monday, March 21, 2011

Shoe woes


[shoes purchased at Ross for $9.99 US, size 10]

Daddy: What size shoe do you wear?
Me: Nine. Nine and a half. Ten. It depends on the shoe.
Daddy: Really?
Me: Yah. It's because you guys blessed me with your wide feet.
Daddy: Is that our fault?
Me: Yup.
Daddy: Is it our fault that you're alive?
Me: Of course. I didn't ask to be born, and I certainly didn't ask for fat feet!

---

I remember a few years ago, when I first watched In Her Shoes, I was miffed when Toni Collette's character said, "When I feel bad I like to treat myself. Clothes never look any good... food just makes me fatter... shoes always fit."

Uh... not true for all people. Shoes don't always fit. Maybe they do, but sometimes they hurt at first. You have to break them in, and in the process you get blisters and deep cuts. This is why I was always a bag person. Bags don't hurt you (unless you put a bunch of stuff in there, then it can hurt your shoulder a bit).

Okay, that was a bit of a rant.

I'm done now!

No comments:

Post a Comment